BUYING AN EXISTING HOME OR A BRAND NEW ONE
• Older properties are sometimes cheaper than new ones, depending on the location and condition of the property.
• Older homes offer charming period features and, often, higher ceilings, quality timber floors and unique architectural features.
• Older properties may need renovation of major systems such as heating/cooling, wiring, plumbing and roofing. They can however, offer significantly more margin for turn around and profit.
• New homes are designed to suit today’s fashions and lifestyles. They’re more likely to appeal to a wider market of tenants if well located.
• New properties may entitle you to claim depreciation, giving you extra tax benefit.